Thursday, September 11, 2008

“If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it" - Luis Buñuel

I tend to agree with Mr. Buñuel about many things, cocktails included. In case you sometimes forget to take the time for a cocktail, let Lulu, and its mixologist Greg Seider, remind you.

Greg Seider has been mixing up drinks for years at New York institutions like Asia de Cuba, The Box, and the Mercer Kitchen. When he came to Lulu to be the resident mixologist, he wanted to pair Lulu's food with his custom cocktails, using natural herbs and syrups to make the drinks earthy, fresh, and entirely unique. Here's one of our favorites:


Tequila Mocking Bird
Partida Tequila
Fresh pinnapple
Fresh lime
Cardamon spice
Agave syrup
Serrano chili



There's a whole list of one-of-a-kind cocktails like the Thyme for Pearadise and the Melon Gimlet. Put aside your vodka tonic or martini for just one night and try one of Greg Seider's inventive cocktails.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I have been to this restaurant a few times this summer and I have had some of my favorite dining experiences of the season. Mr. Seider's signature drinks are a huge draw; a whole separate delectable menu from which to choose.